Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Entry #2 The Teachers/Readings/Writings Behind the Practice of Unconditional Love

Hi All:
Here I am a grown up and I have to say in this great house we call the world, I am astonished on how reactive and self serving we are. I listen to people and have to bring to the attention of our need to discuss ourselves over and over again into adulthood.

My dear friend Susan Campisi (My Life With Tommy Blogger and Content Manager at Kaiser Permanente) said to me one day, "Kris, I am going to put a microphone up to you and just record what you say." and with that said, I thought well maybe I will just blog it and see what happens.

I enjoy the writings of Buddishm, Deepak Chopra, Eckart Tolle, The Art of Worldly Wisdom written by Balthasar Gracian and The Secret. If and when we can apply these principles of self love and unconditional love to others inour daily lives, it can be powerful. By day removing ourselves from expectations of others, ego driven discussions, and petty conflicts, you will see how life can be peaceful and loving if you just Get Over Yourself.

Below are helpful definitions of these writings and practices that I review.

Buddism
Buddhist practices such as meditation are means of changing oneself in order to develop the qualities of awareness, kindness, and wisdom.

Seven Laws of Deepak Chopra
1) The Law of Pure Potentiality
2) The Law of Giving
3)The Law of Karma (or Cause and Effect)

4) The Law of Least Effort
5) The Law of Intention and Desire
6) The Law of Detachment

7) The Law of "Dharma" or Purpose in Life


Eckart Tolle
Tolle's teachings aim at transforming human consciousness by turning one's focus within and transcending from the ego based mind to leading a life with an understanding of the limitless potential of the human spirit.

The Art of Worldly Wisdom by Balthasar Gracian
The guide to human nature

The Secret
The law of attraction

Love of thyself and others is constant, growing and shaping us in every way.

No comments:

Post a Comment